Who would have thought just a few weeks ago that our 2020 AGM would be a virtual one and that we didn’t need to organise the traditional beer and samosas …… !
We’re planning a full agenda so if you would like details on how to join in, please firstname.lastname@example.org who will send you the link. Here’s the agenda :
- Apologies for absence
- Approval of minutes from AGM 2019 – please see https://cycleislington.uk/about/minutes/
- Review of our activities and priorities for 2020
- Treasurer’s report
- Election of committee
- Guest speaker: Fran Graham, Campaigns Coordinator, London Cycling Campaign
We are delighted to welcome Fran who will tell us about the work which the LCC is doing to support and promote cycling during the current Covid-19 crisis and will also provide some key messages from the recent LCC report on Climate Safe Streets. This report, written with support from Urban Movement, sets out clear priorities for change, including:
- Rapidly delivering a high-quality cycling network: to enable people to choose to cycle their everyday journeys
- Introducing Smart Road User Charging: to discourage the most damaging and polluting motor vehicle trips
- Supporting the growth of zero-carbon shared mobility options: such as dockless e-scooters (if made legal), cycles, e-bikes and electric car clubs, so that all Londoners have suitable, sustainable transport choices on their doorstep.
It is a comprehensive report of over 70 pages but if you read pages 18 and 19, you will be inspired by what we need to achieve to reach the goal of zero carbon roads by 2030.
Hope to see you on our screens at 1930 on Wednesday 13 May – everyone welcome !