- Sunday 9 October late morning, exact time tbc. Start and finish at Freightliners’ Farm and go to Finsbury Park, Parkland walk, Tufnell Park, Camley Street, Coal Drops Yard market. Details available soon !
We are planning another family ride round our safe and green low traffic neighbourhoods later in the autumn. All dates tbc
- April 21 at 1930: our Climate Safe Streets champ Divya and Will from the CPRE, one of the Healthy Streets Scorecard coalition are holding a webinar on how to score your street for its health; if it’s a healthy street, it’s a climate safe street https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/311680192847
- April 24 at 1400: Our Beat the Streets family ride which will follow a route round our LTNs while beating as many beatboxes as we can plus fitting in a coffee/cake stop ! https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/318880870267
- April 25 at 1800: Digital Active Travel Hustings with our partners, Islington Living Streets; come and hear what the aspiring local politicians have to say about their plans. All four main parties have been invited. https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/291790913477
- May 11 at 1900: Cycle Islington AGM, election of committee members, treasurer’s report and update on last year plus fab speaker, Carla Francome, held in a pub, the first real social gathering for two years ! Limited spaces so sign up now. https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/321416133307
- Sunday 26 June at 1400; Tom Bogdanowicz is leading a ride through Markets and Squares in North and East London. For those aged 10 and over. Sign up on EventBrite.
- Sunday 3 July 1400 – 1600; a social event for the Highbury Quadrant estate where Jonathan, one of our Dr Bikes, will be ready to give bikes a once-over. This is the same day where Adrian, another of our Dr Bikes, holds his usual monthly session at Sunnyside Community gardens from 1300 – 1500. Many thanks to them both.
- Friday 15 July at 1830: John Hartley will be organising a twilight ride up the Lea Valley; over 18s only as this will involve at least one pub visit. This ride was trialled last year – twice ! – and was, unsurprisingly, very popular ! Sign up on EventBrite.
- Sunday 24 July: We led a feeder ride to Kidical Mass, which will start from the London Eye and go to Regents Park. All ages most welcome !
- 7 August at 1430: a bike ride of about 25 kms from Victoria Park to Lee Valley Velodrome, returning to Victoria Park for a picnic – register here
- 28 August at 1500: Family ride through quiet streets to pick some blackberries, have a coffee and chat in Walthamstow Village and back via Lea Bridge Road. Sign up here !